Crypt Shyfter: Vortex Crypt Shyfter: Vortex

We need more games like this!

I chose every text as I would naturally in real life, and won first try.

5/5.

KungFuSpaceBarbarian responds:

You sound like a badass in real life ;) glad ya liked it!

Mulch Mulch

Simple mechanics, wonderful game.

You provide an entertaining experience for little cost. Decisions in your game are created by the strategy you allow your players to figure out the type of nutrients they must be aware of consuming. Sound is great and works with the aesthetics. Mechanics, Dynamics and Aesthetics are all in order, so you have a well structured, well thought out, and well enjoyable game!

I felt you could add in another challenge entirely, like falling hazards, different backgrounds (day/night cycle) Other interesting inclusions. You want a middle ground of simplicity and complexity. Too simple, game will be boring. Too complex, game will be too hard or impossible.

Be this wonderful in everything you do and I assure you, you will always be successful.

bearmaskstudios responds:

Hi Demetrios, thanks for the in depth feedback and kind words :) I'm really glad you enjoyed the game. I agree that there could definitely be some variety and complexity added. I spent a lot of time on the game so I'd rather move onto something else at the moment, but if I get some time in future to make additions/adjustments I will bear your suggestions in mind. Thanks :)

Bread Pit Bread Pit

Slowly increases in difficulty, but the game was very fun and cute! If that was your intent for your puzzle game, I am highly content and only come to congratulate you on your success!

The visual aesthetics were certainly unique but being a puzzle game with the same mechanics, it will take more to make this game stand out in the thousands of other games like this; This is if you intended your game to be popular.

Good luck!

Earthlings Earthlings

I'm going to say this and you've probably heard your fill from other reviewers, so read away as you wish.

I assume you're an aspiring indie developer with a vision and a passion to create fun games, so I'll judge your game with my assumption.

First of all, using a game template (stencyl) (Gamemaker Studio) for your beginning stages is quite nice to understand how powerful coding is. If it works for you and your game gets popular, by all means continue using it.

Secondly, controls and mechanics. Simple platformer game, simple controls. Easy to learn, not enough to pay attention to. Mechanics: Jump, run, shoot. That's just fine. Nothing unique though. Very similar to a mario game. Run and jump, avoid and/or destroy enemies to progress. Princess is in another castle, The princess is a chicken in this game, essentially.

I love how you added powerups. I was excited to see the two decisions I could make in your game.
1. Be strategic and utilize the environment to progress.
2. Farm enemies and upgrade your way to the top.

It's late here and I have to go to wake up early, so I hope I've made a point here that interested you to at least gain some good feedback and/or learn something new about your game and even yourself, depending at how deep you look at it, I guess. ^_^

P.S. Cute character. I would love to see him everywhere and might even buy a plushie of him if you ever create a physical copy.

The game was not entirely unique, but that's quite alright! You have to hear straight feedback to get better! Good luck with being a game designer if this is your goal/intent.

I have faith in you so i followed you too. :)

Domo76 responds:

Thank you very much! I apprechiate your honest review a lot!
Your assumptions are correct - I started game development as a hobby in Spring 2016. I created this game while learning Stencyl and that is why Earthlings have weak spots. It makes me happy you recognized some good sides as well!
I think I will stick with Stencyl for a while because coding from scratch uses so much time.
Reviews such as yours really help me to understand more both about the games and myself. My next game should probably be smaller with content but with better quality of art and gameplay.

As for the character, for now there are only T-shirs and mugs with him:

Thank you very much for the follow! I promise to bring quality games in the future!

Planes vs Aliens Planes vs Aliens

Either the game does not fit inside of Newgrounds' allotted size, the content does not exist, or my computer does not understand if a game exists.

Since my reasons do not reflect on a review entirely due to no content being shown and/or content not being correctly presented, I will give a 0/5.

Dev: Check the game code and see if you can get the game to work in Newground's play size. If it does not work in certain browsers and/or computers, please state it in your description. If anyone else agrees with my experience or is having the same issue, it may be the game being broken or uploaded incorrectly.

- Demetrios.

Selectorium Selectorium

Your basic game with a simple major mechanic. I found myself learning that the way to progress is to choose your power-ups wisely, and use them when absolutely necessary. Despite myself having yet to 'beat' the game, I read the description ahead of time and thankfully the developer stated there was no pay-out at the end of the game. The levels are well designed as far as I have experienced, and thought out. I have not experienced any problems or annoyances. If the developer wishes to expand on this game, I would advise to add another mechanic to add a different type of challenge alongside your current set up.

With that being said, in conclusion:

The game is simple.
It is well programmed.
Assets are well done (including audio).
Good choice on audio creation source. I suggest using it for any aspiring indie developer. (in dev's description).

Opinion:
I love it just the way it is.
Good work. 5/5.

- Demetrios

Mobs, Inc. Mobs, Inc.

You have a really good concept here. I love the graphics too! Hah. The music fits well. Dude, I found myself being promoted until there were no more upgrades to my being. Please add more upgrades!!!!
this is what kept me playing. lol 5/5

Crazy Collapse Crazy Collapse

Neat little game to pass the time. I'd suggest making the colors stand out from each other personally.

The Dark Cell: Volume I The Dark Cell: Volume I

I'd love for there to be a longer story, with different paths leading towards different endings. Although I'd have to say I played this game 5-6 times knowingly of the ending outcome because I wanted to try all of the combinations. With that said, I do believe you have something great here. Just expand on it! I'm sure i'll play your sequel a dozen times more than this one. :)

Adventure Quest II Adventure Quest II

Short, sweet, fun game! What you've made is totally my ideal entertainment :)

-Congratulations!-
You have made a new fan!

azureda responds: