Ghost Squad Ghost Squad

Harry potter characters!!

5/5

Soka's Spotlight Soka's Spotlight

This has potential! I can see that you have so much going for you.
I suggest a collaborative team effort to make a stunning animation to wow your viewers and advertise your product. If you want a solid cartoon you should consider some type of sounds and background ambiance during scenes. You have the scenes, art, and cartoon structure well.

A wholesome 4/5 for you sir and good luck!

-Demetrios

Wjjohnson1992 responds:

Thanks!! :D

Robot Hotline Robot Hotline

The song at the end. 5/5

Mulch Mulch

Simple mechanics, wonderful game.

You provide an entertaining experience for little cost. Decisions in your game are created by the strategy you allow your players to figure out the type of nutrients they must be aware of consuming. Sound is great and works with the aesthetics. Mechanics, Dynamics and Aesthetics are all in order, so you have a well structured, well thought out, and well enjoyable game!

I felt you could add in another challenge entirely, like falling hazards, different backgrounds (day/night cycle) Other interesting inclusions. You want a middle ground of simplicity and complexity. Too simple, game will be boring. Too complex, game will be too hard or impossible.

Be this wonderful in everything you do and I assure you, you will always be successful.

bearmaskstudios responds:

Hi Demetrios, thanks for the in depth feedback and kind words :) I'm really glad you enjoyed the game. I agree that there could definitely be some variety and complexity added. I spent a lot of time on the game so I'd rather move onto something else at the moment, but if I get some time in future to make additions/adjustments I will bear your suggestions in mind. Thanks :)

Bread Pit Bread Pit

Slowly increases in difficulty, but the game was very fun and cute! If that was your intent for your puzzle game, I am highly content and only come to congratulate you on your success!

The visual aesthetics were certainly unique but being a puzzle game with the same mechanics, it will take more to make this game stand out in the thousands of other games like this; This is if you intended your game to be popular.

Good luck!

Earthlings Earthlings

I'm going to say this and you've probably heard your fill from other reviewers, so read away as you wish.

I assume you're an aspiring indie developer with a vision and a passion to create fun games, so I'll judge your game with my assumption.

First of all, using a game template (stencyl) (Gamemaker Studio) for your beginning stages is quite nice to understand how powerful coding is. If it works for you and your game gets popular, by all means continue using it.

Secondly, controls and mechanics. Simple platformer game, simple controls. Easy to learn, not enough to pay attention to. Mechanics: Jump, run, shoot. That's just fine. Nothing unique though. Very similar to a mario game. Run and jump, avoid and/or destroy enemies to progress. Princess is in another castle, The princess is a chicken in this game, essentially.

I love how you added powerups. I was excited to see the two decisions I could make in your game.
1. Be strategic and utilize the environment to progress.
2. Farm enemies and upgrade your way to the top.

It's late here and I have to go to wake up early, so I hope I've made a point here that interested you to at least gain some good feedback and/or learn something new about your game and even yourself, depending at how deep you look at it, I guess. ^_^

P.S. Cute character. I would love to see him everywhere and might even buy a plushie of him if you ever create a physical copy.

The game was not entirely unique, but that's quite alright! You have to hear straight feedback to get better! Good luck with being a game designer if this is your goal/intent.

I have faith in you so i followed you too. :)

Domo76 responds:

Thank you very much! I apprechiate your honest review a lot!
Your assumptions are correct - I started game development as a hobby in Spring 2016. I created this game while learning Stencyl and that is why Earthlings have weak spots. It makes me happy you recognized some good sides as well!
I think I will stick with Stencyl for a while because coding from scratch uses so much time.
Reviews such as yours really help me to understand more both about the games and myself. My next game should probably be smaller with content but with better quality of art and gameplay.

As for the character, for now there are only T-shirs and mugs with him:

Thank you very much for the follow! I promise to bring quality games in the future!

The New Mancubus The New Mancubus

So beautiful. I can see you have great talent. Please make the next animation buddy!

Queen of Wands Queen of Wands

Mysterious. :)

noiserover responds:

Thanks:)

FAMIRY ART FAMIRY ART

I heard about this too

True art is within.
-You expected art. You got what you wanted.

Famiry responds:

That sounds pretty deep but I don't understand...